Insurance for venues

Your venue space is the most valuable asset you own and protecting it from harm is paramount every time an event takes place.  Every vendor that steps onto your property should have that first and foremost in the their minds as they go about performing their services.

For us, our liquor license is OUR most valuable asset we have, which is why partnering together just makes good business sense.  The responsibility of serving alcohol to event attendees is serious business and shouldn’t be entrusted to uninsured or unlicensed individuals.  

One mishap could spell disaster for not only the guest involved but for you and your venue!  At My Bartender, we take this responsibility seriously which is why clients and venues alike seek out our services for their events.  We’re proud of the fact that we’ve NEVER had an incident; that our staff is fully licensed to serve in both Oregon and Washington states; that we’re the ONLY liquid catering company licensed by the OLCC and that we include Liquor Liability Insurance coverage to the tune of $1,000,000 for both you and your client.

Remember, a server’s permit from the OLCC or WSLCB is just that…a permit to serve liquor.  It doesn’t mean the individual has insurance; is experienced in knowing how to spot the signs of over-intoxication; and is there to protect your asset and/or guests.

If you’ve been concerned about the liquor services taking place at your venue, then let’s talk.  We’re happy to share our knowledge and expertise surrounding the proper insurance coverage’s you should be requiring and how we can make every event worry-free.


Meet the new sole owner

Have you meet Sean Moloney, the new sole owner of My Bartender?

Have you met Sean Moloney, the new sole owner of My Bartender?

If you’ve done any business with My Bartender over the last 7 years then you probably have…it’s the same owner as before, Sean Moloney!  The big difference now is he’s the sole owner and no longer in a partnership with Brett Soulek, who has moved on.  The whole transaction took place on November 15th of 2016 and both parties couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

While Sean remains committed to the quality standards My Bartender has always set forth, there is new energy in making sure every client’s needs are delivered with exceptional service from start to finish.  Along with this new commitment to exceptional service across the board, plans are in the works for: streamlining the estimate and contracting process with our clients; a refocus on the incredible bounty of beer, wine and liquor products that are produced right here in Oregon; increased staff involvement with new product tasting events; a delicious and exciting new signature cocktail menu plus much, much more.

Look for Sean at various networking events from Portland Business Alliance to Wedding Network to Travel Portland and say hello…he’d love to catch-up with you!


Newsletter Feedback

My Bartender would love to get your feedback on what topics we can discuss in our Industry Update Newsletters.  Please tell us about the topics that matter to you!


Vendor Insurance

My Bartender is committed to helping every client understand and solve their insurance questions so how can we help today?

  • Do you know what types of insurance every vendor should be supplying you with when booking their services?
  • What does the OLCC require when alcohol services are performed?
  • Should you be asking for a Certificate of Insurance from the vendors that will be performing services at your event?
  • Do you know exactly what Host Liquor Liability Insurance will cover in the event of an incident resulting from over intoxication?
  • Does Worker’s Comp insurance cover a vendors “contracted” employee?

If you need any answers to these questions or wish to tell us your experiences, please add a comment and let us help solve your insurance problems together.