Anheuser-Busch is one of the largest beer manufacturers in the world, producing a wide variety of beers, including some of the most popular brands in the United States.
With a history dating back to the mid-1800s, Anheuser-Busch has become a household name, known for its high-quality and consistently delicious brews.
From its flagship brand Budweiser to its popular Michelob and Busch lines, Anheuser-Busch has a beer for every taste and occasion.
The company also produces a number of other well-known brands, including Natural Light, Stella Artois, and Landshark Lager. In recent years, Anheuser-Busch has also expanded into the hard seltzer market with its popular line of Bon & Viv Spiked Seltzers.
Whether you’re a fan of classic American lagers or prefer something with a bit more flavor, Anheuser-Busch has a beer that is sure to satisfy. With its commitment to quality and innovation, the company continues to be a leader in the beer industry, producing some of the most beloved and iconic brands in the world.
Anheuser-Busch: An Overview
Anheuser-Busch is a global brewing company that has been creating beers for over 165 years.
The company was founded in 1852 by Eberhard Anheuser and was later acquired by Adolphus Busch, who helped the company become one of the largest beer producers in the world. Today, Anheuser-Busch is part of the AB InBev group, which is the largest brewing company in the world.
Anheuser-Busch has a diverse portfolio of over 100 beer brands, ranging from light lagers to craft beers. Some of the most popular brands include Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois, and Shock Top. The company has a strong market share in the United States and has a significant presence in other countries around the world.
As a brewing company, Anheuser-Busch has a strong commitment to quality and sustainability. The company operates several breweries throughout the United States and the world, including locations in Baldwinsville, NY, Cartersville, GA, Fairfield, CA, Fort Collins, CO, Houston, TX, Jacksonville, FL, Los Angeles, CA, Merrimack, NH, Newark, NJ, St. Louis, MO, and Williamsburg, VA.
Anheuser-Busch also has a strong focus on reducing its environmental impact and has implemented several initiatives to reduce water usage and carbon emissions.
What Beers Does Anheuser-Busch Make?
Anheuser-Busch is a large American brewing company that produces a wide variety of beers.
Here are some of the most popular beers that Anheuser-Busch makes:
- Budweiser – a pale lager with a light, crisp taste.
- Bud Light – a light beer with a refreshing taste and fewer calories than regular beer.
- Michelob Ultra – a light beer with a low calorie count and a crisp, refreshing taste.
- Busch – a pale lager with a smooth, refreshing taste.
- Natural Light – a light beer with a clean, crisp taste.
- Stella Artois – a European-style lager with a smooth, balanced flavor.
- Shock Top – a Belgian-style wheat ale with a citrusy flavor and a hint of spice.
- Goose Island – a craft beer brand that produces a variety of beers, including IPAs, stouts, and Belgian-style ales.
- Elysian Brewing – a craft beer brand that produces a variety of beers, including IPAs, stouts, and fruit beers.
- Golden Road Brewing – a craft beer brand that produces a variety of beers, including IPAs, lagers, and fruit beers.
Main Beer Brands
Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry.
The company has a rich history and heritage in the country, and it remains committed to brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for more than 160 years.
Anheuser-Busch’s portfolio of beer brands includes some of the most popular and recognizable names in the industry. Here are some of the main beer brands produced by Anheuser-Busch:
- Budweiser: Budweiser is the flagship brand of Anheuser-Busch. It is a lager-style beer that is brewed using a blend of two-row and six-row barley malt, as well as rice. Budweiser has a smooth, crisp taste and is known for its distinctive red and white packaging.
- Bud Light: Bud Light is the best-selling beer in the United States. It is a light beer that is brewed using a blend of premium aroma hops, two-row and six-row barley malt, and rice. Bud Light has a clean, refreshing taste and is known for its blue and silver packaging.
- Michelob Ultra: Michelob Ultra is a low-carb, low-calorie beer that is popular among health-conscious consumers. It is brewed using a blend of two-row and six-row barley malt, as well as rice. Michelob Ultra has a light, refreshing taste and is known for its sleek, slimline can.
- Natural Light: Natural Light, also known as Natty Light, is a light beer that is popular among college students and budget-conscious consumers. It is brewed using a blend of premium aroma hops, two-row and six-row barley malt, and corn. Natural Light has a crisp, clean taste and is known for its yellow and blue packaging.
- Stella Artois: Stella Artois is a Belgian pilsner-style beer that is brewed using a blend of malted barley, Saaz hops, and water. It has a crisp, refreshing taste and is known for its signature chalice glass.
- Shock Top: Shock Top is a Belgian-style wheat ale that is brewed using a blend of malted barley, wheat, and coriander. It has a light, citrusy taste and is known for its orange and white packaging.
- Landshark Lager: Landshark Lager is a lager-style beer that is brewed using a blend of two-row and six-row barley malt, as well as hops. It has a light, refreshing taste and is known for its beach-themed packaging.
Anheuser-Busch also produces a range of malt liquors, including Hurricane and King Cobra, as well as a variety of specialty beers, such as Goose Island, Breckenridge Brewery, and Elysian. In addition, the company produces a number of non-alcoholic beverages, including O’Doul’s and Busch NA.
Ingredients and Brewing Process
Anheuser-Busch is one of the largest beer producers in the world, and they take great care in selecting the ingredients for their beers.
They source almost 100% of their ingredients from U.S. farms, and for generations, they have worked hand-in-hand with their growers to ensure only the finest ingredients are used to brew their beers.
The main ingredients in Anheuser-Busch beers are water, barley malt, rice, hops, and yeast. These ingredients are carefully selected and combined in a specific way to create the unique flavors and aromas of each beer.
Water is the most important ingredient in beer, and Anheuser-Busch uses only the highest quality water in their brewing process. They have their own water treatment facilities that ensure the water used in their beers is pure and free from any contaminants.
Barley malt is another important ingredient in beer, and Anheuser-Busch uses only the best barley malt in their brewing process. Barley malt is made by malting barley, which involves soaking the barley in water and then drying it. This process activates enzymes in the barley that convert the starches into sugars, which are then used to create alcohol during the fermentation process.
Rice is a unique ingredient that Anheuser-Busch uses in many of their beers. Rice is added to the brewing process to create a lighter, crisper beer with a clean finish. Anheuser-Busch uses only the highest quality rice, which is carefully selected and milled to their exact specifications.
Hops are another important ingredient in beer, and Anheuser-Busch uses only the finest hops in their brewing process. Hops are added to the beer during the boiling process to add bitterness and flavor to the beer. Different types of hops are used to create different flavors and aromas in the beer.
Yeast is the final ingredient in beer, and it plays a crucial role in the brewing process. Yeast is added to the beer during the fermentation process, where it consumes the sugars created during the malting process and produces alcohol and carbon dioxide. Anheuser-Busch uses a unique strain of yeast that is specially designed to create the flavors and aromas of their beers.