If you’ve got a sweet tooth, you’re in luck—dessert cocktails are trending. Lovers of Reese’s will especially appreciate that you can make peanut butter cup martinis. We see you drooling, so let’s jump into learning more about this delicious drink (as well as how to make it)!
About Peanut Butter Cup Martinis
Although the internet is full of dessert cocktail ideas, there’s little information about the origin of peanut butter cup martinis. Nevertheless, it’s safe to assume that peanut butter cup martinis became a thing after 1928, which is when Harry Burnett Reese founded his H.B. Reese Candy Company.
In the beginning, Mr. Reese ran his business out of his basement, eager to find a way to support his wife and sixteen children. Before Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups got their name, he called the treats “penny cups” since he sold them for a penny each.
Nowadays, you’re likely familiar with the plethora of Reese’s options, ranging from dark chocolate and marshmallow to hazelnut cream. For the purposes of our peanut butter cup martinis, we’ll use a combination of the standard size and mini Reese’s cups.
We’ll put this out there before you look over our ingredient list—calories don’t count when you’re making peanut butter cup martinis. Now that we covered that, go ahead and gather the following ingredients:
- 4 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- 1 C Vodka
- 1 oz Chocolate liqueur
- 2 oz Milk
- Chocolate syrup (to taste)
- ¼ C Ice cubes
Directions to Make Peanut Butter Cup Martinis
If you’re like us, you’re salivating by now and ready to taste this delicious cocktail. The recipe here is for two drinks, so feel free to multiply it according to the number of people you’ll be serving.
Peanut Butter Vodka
The first step in preparing a peanut butter cup martini is to make a homemade Reese’s vodka (there are substitutes you can use instead of making your own, but in our opinion, the flavor is so much better this way).
- Toss four full-sized Reese’s peanut butter cups and 1 cup of vodka in the blender.
- Blend until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it.
- Pour your peanut butter vodka through a strainer and into a bowl.
Preparing the Martini
Now that you made your peanut butter vodka, the fun part begins—preparing and adorning your martini glass. For an ideal martini experience, use a chilled glass.
Below are the steps you’ll need to follow.
- Pour your Reese’s vodka, 1 ounce of chocolate liqueur, 2 ounces of milk, and ¼ cup of ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
- Drizzle any amount of chocolate syrup around your glass that you’d like. Have fun with this—you can get creative with making patterns on the glass.
- Pour the martini mixture in the cocktail shaker into your glass and put a few mini Reese’s peanut butter cups on a skewer as garnish.
Voila! You have yourself a beautiful and delicious homemade peanut butter cup martini. Don’t be surprised if your friends and family come knocking on your door asking you to make one for them all the time!