The Pink Starburst shot, inspired by the iconic Pink Starburst candy, is a delightful and fruity party treat. Made with readily available ingredients, it ensures a swift and enjoyable preparation, infusing your gatherings with a burst of vibrant flavor. In mere moments, you can create a batch of these shots, effortlessly enhancing your next event.
These shots are perfect for a girls’ night in, bachelorette party, or any other occasion where you want to serve a fun and fruity drink. You can even make a large batch in a pitcher for easy serving. Whether you’re a fan of Starburst candy or just looking for a sweet cocktail, the Pink Starburst shot is sure to become a new favorite.
The origin of the Pink Starburst Shot is unknown, but it is believed to have been inspired by the popular Starburst candy. The candy was first introduced in the United Kingdom in 1960 as Opal Fruits and later rebranded as Starburst in the United States in 1967.
The Pink Starburst flavor was introduced in 1995 and quickly became a fan favorite. The candy’s bright pink color and sweet, fruity flavor make it a popular choice for cocktails and shots.
The Pink Starburst Shot gained popularity in the early 2000s, with many bars and clubs featuring it on their menus. The shot is typically made with vanilla vodka, watermelon pucker, and sweet and sour mix. The rim of the shot glass is often coated with corn syrup and pink sugar to give it a sweet and colorful touch.
How to Make It
- 1 oz Vanilla Vodka
- 1 oz Watermelon Pucker
- 1 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- Pink Sugar (optional for garnish)
- Pink Starburst (optional for garnish)
- Edge the shot glasses with corn syrup and pink sugar. This will give the shot glasses a pink, sparkly rim that makes the cocktail even more festive.
- Combine 1 oz. of vanilla vodka, 1 oz. of watermelon pucker, and 1 oz. of sweet and sour mix in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 10-15 seconds. This will ensure that the ingredients are well mixed and chilled.
- Strain the cocktail into the prepared shot glasses. Be careful not to spill any of the liquid as you pour.
- Optional: Garnish each shot with a small piece of Pink Starburst candy. This will add an extra pop of color and sweetness to the cocktail. Serve and enjoy!
There are many different ways to make a Pink Starburst Shot, and you can experiment with different ingredients to find the perfect recipe for you. Here are some variations to try:
Whipped Cream Vodka
Replace the vanilla vodka with whipped cream vodka for a slightly sweeter, different flavor. You can also experiment with other vodka flavors!
Sour mix is a combination of lemon and lime juice and sugar, and it adds a tangy flavor to the drink. You can use it in place of the sweet and sour mix to create a more tart version of the drink.
Pink Starburst Jello Shots
You can also make Pink Starburst Jello Shots by using strawberry Jello and adding vodka and watermelon Pucker to the mix. These are a fun and colorful addition to any party or gathering.
You can garnish your Pink Starburst Shots with a variety of different toppings, such as whipped cream, pink sugar, or a small piece of actual Starburst candy.
Starburst Shot Glasses
To make a Starburst shot glass, you will need to unwrap several Starburst candies and microwave them for a few seconds until they are soft and pliable. Then, mold the candies into shot glass shapes using a shot glass as a mold. Let the Starburst shot glasses cool and harden before using them to serve drinks.