Perhaps you’ve heard of the famous 1971 Gene Hackman film with the same name as this delicious two-part cocktail: The French Connection.
Unfortunately, we don’t know who to thank for this spectacular cocktail, because its creator is unknown. It consists of amaretto and cognac, which might seem like a simple combination, but its simplicity belies the complex taste and subtle flavor profile this drink offers.
- 1 1/2 oz cognac (drinker's choice)
- 1 oz amaretto liqueur
- Gather your two ingredients and fill a rocks glass with ice
- Add the cognac and the amaretto
- Give it a brief stir to combine the spirits
- Serve immediately, sip, and enjoy
When it comes to cocktails named after famous movies from the seventies, the French Connection takes the cake.
This heavenly combination of cognac and amaretto truly brings forward some light fruity flavors to make a cocktail that can be sweet or dry, depending on how it’s made.