There are plenty of espresso martini recipes out there, but this one is special. Not only is this recipe delicious but it was also made by NBA All-Star Carmelo Anthony in collaboration with 1800 Tequila. If you haven’t tried tequila in your espresso martini before, Melo’s 1800 Espresso Martini is the perfect introduction. 1800 Cristalino tequila is finished in port wine casks that add a rich, somewhat nutty flavor to their tequila. This espresso martini also features pumpkin puree for extra depth of flavor, and it’s topped with grated cinnamon and cayenne pepper for an extra kick. Elevate your next coffee cocktail with Melo’s 1800 Espresso Martini recipe below.
How To Make It
- 1.5 oz 1800 Cristalino
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1.5 oz fresh espresso
- 1 oz simple syrup
- Cayenne pepper garnish
- Grated cinnamon garnish
- Star anise garnish
- In a mixing tin, combine 1800 Cristalino, pumpkin puree, espresso, and simple syrup.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe glass.
- Use an index card to cover half the glass. Very lightly shake a small amount of ground cayenne over the exposed area, then grate a healthy amount of cinnamon over the cayenne.
- Add a star anise to the center of the drink for garnish.