If you’re a fan of pineapple and a good shot, you might want to try the Pineapple Upside Down Shot.
This cocktail is a delicious and tangy treat that is perfect for any occasion. In this article, we’ll delve into the history, ingredients, and preparation of this delightful drink.
A Brief History
Although there isn’t much information about the history of the Pineapple Upside Down Shot, it is said to be inspired by the classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
The cake was invented in the 1920s and became popular during the 1950s.
The Pineapple Upside Down Shot is a newer creation, but it has quickly gained popularity due to its unique taste and presentation.
How to Make
Pineapple Upside Down Shot
Pineapple lovers and shot enthusiasts alike may want to give the Pineapple Upside Down Cocktail a try. For any event, this cocktail is a delectable and tangy treat.
- 1 1/2 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 1/2 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/4 oz. grenadine
- Garnish: Cherries
- Prepare the Ingredients
- Start by preparing your ingredients. Pour some pineapple juice into a small bowl or dish. Place some grenadine syrup into a separate dish. Make sure to have your vanilla vodka and maraschino cherries ready as well.
- Dip the Shot Glasses
- Take your shot glasses and dip the rims into the pineapple juice, making sure to coat the rims evenly. Then, dip the rims into the grenadine syrup, again making sure to coat them evenly. This will create a sweet and tangy rim for your shot glasses.
- Fill the Shot Glasses
- Fill each shot glass with one part vanilla vodka and two parts pineapple juice.
- Finally, garnish each shot with a maraschino cherry. You can either
place the cherry on top of the shot or let it sink to the bottom, which
will create the "upside-down" effect.
Tips and Variations
If you’re looking to switch things up, here are a few tips and variations for the Pineapple Upside Down Shot:
- Use flavored vodka: Vanilla vodka is the most commonly used ingredient for this shot, but you can also try using other flavored vodkas, such as coconut or pineapple.
- Add rum: For an extra kick, you can add a small amount of rum to your shot.
- Use fresh pineapple: If you have fresh pineapple, you can use it to create your own pineapple juice. Simply blend the pineapple chunks and strain the juice before using it in your shot.
The Pineapple Upside Down Shot is a fun and delicious cocktail that is sure to impress your friends.
It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste. Whether you’re looking for a sweet treat or a tangy shot, the Pineapple Upside Down Shot is a great choice.
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings