An apple cider mimosas is a quintessential fall cocktail that effortlessly combines the crisp notes of apple cider with the bubbly champagne or Prosecco. Elevate your gatherings with this delightful concoction, made with just two ingredients. Pour equal parts apple cider and champagne or Prosecco into a champagne flute, and watch as the flavors meld into a symphony of autumnal bliss.
To enhance the experience, adorn the glass with a cinnamon sugar rim and garnish it with a slice of fresh apple. The result? A captivating blend of sweetness and sparkle that is sure to impress even the most discerning of palates.
Feeling adventurous? Add a splash of bourbon or drizzle in some caramel sauce for a creative twist on the classic recipe. Or, for a larger celebration, prepare a pitcher of apple cider mimosas and toast to the beauty of fall with your closest friends.
The Apple Cider Mimosa is a popular fall cocktail that has gained popularity in recent years. It is a sweet and bubbly drink that combines the flavors of apple cider and champagne. The cocktail is usually garnished with an apple slice and a cinnamon sugar rim to add a fall flavor to the drink.
The mimosa cocktail is believed to have originated in France in the early 1900s. It was traditionally made with champagne and orange juice. Over the years, the recipe has evolved, and many variations of the mimosa cocktail have emerged.
How to Make It
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon sugar (optional garnish)
- Apple slice (optional garnish)
- Rim the champagne flute with cinnamon sugar. To do this, rub a lemon wedge or some water around the rim of the glass and then dip it in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. This will give your mimosa a sweet and spicy kick.
- Pour in the apple cider. Fill the champagne flute about 1/3 of the way with apple cider. You can use homemade apple cider or buy it from the grocery store.
- Top with champagne or prosecco. Fill the rest of the glass with champagne or prosecco. You can also use sparkling cider or sparkling water if you want a non-alcoholic version of this drink.
- Garnish with an apple slice. Add a slice of fresh apple to the rim of the glass for a juicy and colorful garnish.
- Toast and enjoy! Raise your glass and enjoy your delicious fall cocktail.
There are many variations of the classic Apple Cider Mimosa that you can try, each with its unique flavor profile. Here are a few variations that you can experiment with:
Cranberry Apple Cider Mimosa
Add a splash of cranberry juice to your Apple Cider Mimosa for a tart and tangy twist. You can also garnish it with fresh cranberries for a pop of color.
Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider Mimosa
Add a pinch of pumpkin pie spice to your Apple Cider Mimosa for a cozy fall flavor. You can also rim the glass with cinnamon sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Ginger Apple Cider Mimosa
Add a splash of ginger beer to your Apple Cider Mimosa for a spicy kick. You can also garnish it with a slice of fresh ginger for a bold flavor.
Maple Bourbon Apple Cider Mimosa
Add a splash of bourbon and a drizzle of maple syrup to your Apple Cider Mimosa for a boozy and sweet twist. You can also rim the glass with brown sugar for a caramelized crunch.
Pear Apple Cider Mimosa
Add a splash of pear juice to your Apple Cider Mimosa for a delicate and fruity flavor. You can also garnish it with a slice of fresh pear for an elegant touch.