Welcome to the world of sophisticated and delightful cocktails, where the Maple Bacon Old Fashioned stands out as a remarkable choice. This drink is a modern twist on the classic Old Fashioned, blending the rich, smoky flavor of bacon with the sweet, comforting taste of maple syrup. It’s a cocktail that promises a unique experience, combining traditional elements with inventive flair. Perfect for those who appreciate a drink that’s as bold and distinctive as they are.
The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned is a delight for your taste buds. You’ll first notice the rich, smoky flavor of bacon, which blends perfectly with the sweetness of maple syrup. The whiskey adds a warm, smooth touch, making each sip a perfect balance of flavors. It’s like a sweet, smoky hug in a glass.
- 2 oz whiskey (preferably bourbon)
- 1/2 oz maple syrup
- 2 dashes of bitters
- A strip of cooked bacon for garnish
- Orange peel or cherries for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing glass, combine the whiskey, maple syrup, and bitters.
- Add ice and stir well until the drink is chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a strip of bacon and, if you like, a twist of orange peel or cherries.
- Enjoy your delicious Maple Bacon Old Fashioned!
- For the best flavor, use high-quality, thick-cut bacon.
- Use 100% pure maple syrup
- You can slightly cook the bacon in maple syrup for an extra maple kick.
- If you prefer a sweeter drink, adjust the amount of maple syrup to taste.
When to Serve
The Maple Bacon Old Fashioned is versatile and can be enjoyed on many occasions. It’s the perfect drink to warm up a chilly evening, add a touch of elegance to a dinner party, or celebrate a special occasion. It’s also a great choice for a relaxed weekend brunch, where its bold flavors can complement a variety of dishes.
Which Liquor Brands to Choose
The choice of bourbon can significantly influence the taste of your Maple Bacon Old Fashioned. For a smoother, more refined flavor, consider brands like Buffalo Trace or Woodford Reserve. If you prefer a stronger, more pronounced bourbon character, Knob Creek or Bulleit might be your best bet. Ultimately, the choice depends on your personal taste preferences.
If you enjoy the Maple Bacon Old Fashioned, here are five similar cocktails you might like:
- Classic Old Fashioned: The traditional version of this cocktail, focuses on the bourbon.
- Manhattan: Another whiskey-based classic, with sweet vermouth and bitters.
- Whiskey Sour: A tart and refreshing mix of bourbon, lemon juice, and sugar.
- Bourbon Smash: Combines bourbon with fresh mint, lemon, and simple syrup.
- Bacon Bloody Mary: For those who love the savory taste of bacon in their drinks, this is a must-try.
The Old Fashioned dates back to the early 1800s, originally just whiskey, water, sugar, and bitters. The Maple Bacon version is a modern twist, adding the unique flavors of maple syrup and bacon to this historic drink.
- 2 oz Bourbon or rye whiskey
- ½ oz Maple syrup
- 2 dashes Bitters
- Cooked bacon (garnish)
- Cocktail cherry (garnish)
- Pour the bourbon, maple syrup, and both bitters in a cocktail mixing glass filled with ice.
- Stir until well-chilled.
- Strain the mixture into an Old Fashioned glass over a large hunk of ice.
- Garnish with a slice of bacon and cocktail cherries.